Rhythm of Creation

I love the patterns in creation. God knew what He was doing when He put natural schedules into place. Often I feel so scattered--thoughts shifting from one to the next. I lack dedication. Diligence barely exsists. So many things are vying for my attention.
Everything in our culture is constantly moving, changing. A timer always beeping, a phone always ringing, a machine always running. When do I find time to pause? I have a such a difficult being still, just listening. Music is continually on. My computer is forever clicking--almost sighing at times. Even my laptop longs for rest...
My heart is not fully present...halfway in friendship, halfway in devotion to God, halfway in learning. I want to learn to be at peace with routine. The sun is satisfied with the continual journey it takes around the Earth. The waves are content to come and go upon the sand. Jesus was obedient unto death.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
~Psalm 23:1-2

Comments

Popular Posts