Reminded

DSC_0745

Remind me of what I love rather than what I fear.
~Terry Tempest Williams

I echo her words today as a prayer. I need God's grace to pull me from myself, and into His presence. I get so caught up in my own drama. My eyes are cast downward at my circumstances and inward towards my emotions. I desire Truth, but I continue to be lured by fear. my circumstances or emotions say, He still deserves my worship.
I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart;
I will tell of Your marvelous works.
I will be glad and rejoice in You, I will sing praise to Your Name, O Most High.
~Psalm 9:1-2
Tonight I was gently reminded of what I love... I love worshiping with other believers in a community of faith. I love praising God for His faithfulness. I love His grace. I love real, honest conviction of the Holy Spirit. 
The still, small voice calling me to His side-Cast your burdens on Me, because I care for you. Stopping fighting against My Hand...rest.

Lay your shame, fear, guilt, loneliness, whatever...lay it down at the foot of the cross. Let Jesus love you.






Comments

Popular Posts