confirmation

Isn't it funny that when you learn a new word or concept it shows up everywhere in your path? If you read my previous post you'll know that I am focusing on joy. I've had conversations about joy, read scripture about joy, and my attitude lately has been permeated with joy. Glory to God! This shift in focus is only because of His grace. I'm not naturally a joyful person. I struggle with anxiety and ever since I can remember I've had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Its a sense of dread, almost like I'm waiting for impending doom.

But I'll take this joy thing.

A few months ago a friend recommended a little devotion book called God Calling. It is written as if God is talking to us. I really enjoy reading it. It is simple in a profound way.

Here is today's reading:

"Sorrow to Joy"
"Weeping may endure for the night, but joy cometh in the morning."

My bravest are those who can anticipate the morning and feel in the night of sorrow that underlying Joy that tells of confident expectations of the morning.

It's amazing how two sentences can be packed with so much truth. 

Comments

Popular Posts